Job Opportunity: Community Overdose Prevention Program Manager
Community Overdose Prevention Program Manager
We are looking for a full time team member at CRA; This position requires strong initiative and willingness to support all staff and assist in the coordination of volunteers in conducting effective disease prevention. The right candidate will also have a proven commitment to the field of Harm Reduction and a desire to respectfully collaborate with People Who Use Drugs (PWUD) to assist any positive change as a person describes it for themselves. This is a high intensity job and the right candidate will have a willingness to engage in team work and the ability to work independently.
Please send cover letter, resume and three letters of reference to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5:00 pm CST May30th, 2020. Chicago Recovery Alliance is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, genetic information or any other legally protected status, in accordance with applicable federal, state and local EEO laws.
Director and Deputy Director
Full time Salaried position-grant funded.
Pay range 54,000-58,000
Full medical BSBC Illinois
- Proven commitment to the field of Harm Reduction and a willingness to respectfully collaborate with People Who Use Drugs (PWUD) to assist any positive change as a person describes it for themselves.
- Ability to work in a culturally diverse community racially/ethnically and regards all levels and types of drug use.
- Strong communication skills and an ability to serve as a leader, counselor, educator and advocate required.
- A thorough understanding of a variety of risk reduction services available to drug users in at least one of these regions in the city of Chicago: South (Grand Boulevard to southern Cook County suburbs); Central Chicago (Cabrini-Green, West Town and Humboldt Park); West (Garfield Park to western Cook County suburbs); and/or North (mainly Uptown area).
- Computer literate and a sense of humor.
- Strong knowledge and/or direct experience with HIV, drug use, substance use, viral hepatitis, overdose, naloxone and the reduction of drug-related harm.
- Strong community ties is helpful.
- You will need a valid driver’s license and good driving record. Driving a step-van used for the outreach is a regular part of this job.
- Conversational skills in Spanish or Polish
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Manage the OD Prevention Program
- Support establishment of overdose prevention program and protocols with new and existing partners.
- Reporting related to this project.
- Manage Community Heath Worker Project as a function of the OD Prevention Project.
- Work closely with CRA outreach team to identify peer health workers (PHWs).
- Work with PHWs to develop and implement a comprehensive and innovative community outreach plan targeting key community areas on the west and south sides of the city.
- Coordinate check-in meetings on an as needed basis as determined by PHWs, for PHWs to discuss outreach challenges, progress, and connect with larger PHW cohort.
- Provide ongoing OD trainings for organizations in and around the city on an as needed basis and work collaboratively to build new partnerships that increase access to new, unreached networks of active users at risk of overdose.
- When appropriate help support the work of SCS happening in Illinois.